Ironing a fabric is very important, as the wrinkle-free fabrics are a sign of neatness and dedication. Most of the people around the world prefer wearing wrinkle-free fabrics and this could be possible only by ironing the fabrics carefully.
You might think that purchasing an iron is simple and easy; however, it is not that easy; there are over a thousand models of dry irons on the market right now that come from numerous brands/manufacturers. This, in turn, makes it a challenging task to select the best product and purchase it. On the other hand if you are looking for steam iron please check here: https://www.bestironindia.in/best-steam-iron-in-india/
Table of Contents
Bestselling Dry Iron in India Online 2018
Considering all the factors, here is the list of best dry irons on the Indian market today.
1. Orpat OEI 187 1200-Watt Dry Iron (White and Blue)
The Orpat OEI 187 is a dry iron from the brand Orpat that comes with a power rating of 1200-watts. This dry iron is lightweight and comes with a modern ergonomic design. One of the top features of this product is that it comes with instant heating that heats the iron within a few minutes. The soleplates incorporated into this product is nonstick coated and is guaranteed to deliver uniform heating. The manufacturer has incorporated thermal fuse and power indicators for user’s convenience of use.
- 1200-watts power consumption
- Instant heating
- Thermal fuse for overheat safety
- Power indicators
- Some customers have reviewed the product as inadequate to iron jeans and hard fabrics.
2. Bajaj DX 7 1000-Watt Dry Iron
This dry iron from the brand Bajaj is perhaps the lower power consuming dry iron on the market today. This dry iron comes incorporated with nonstick-coated golden color soleplates. One of the notable features of this dry iron is that it comes with super clean finish design that exhibits excellent aesthetics. The product is lightweight and comes incorporated with 360-degree swivel power cord that enables the user to move around with the iron freely. This dry iron comes with 2-year product warranty.
- Nonstick coated golden color soleplate
- 360-degree swivel power cord
- Comfortable hand grip
- Thermal fuse for enhanced safety
- The power indicator lights malfunction after few weeks of use
3. Morphy Richards Inspira 1000-Watt Dry Iron (White and Black)
This product like the above-listed product consumes 1000-watts power only. This dry iron comes with DuPont nonstick-coated soleplate and neon power indicators. The manufacturer offers a 2-year warranty on the product and has incorporated adjustable thermostatic controls into this product, that enables the user to change the temperature according to the fabric he/she is planning to iron.
- 360-degree swivel power cables
- 2-year warranty
- 1000-watts power consumption
- Neon power indicators
- Some customers have the reviewed the product as it lacks insulation and the heat from the soleplate is transferred to other parts of the dry iron making it hard to handle the product.
4. Usha EI 1602 1000-Watt Lightweight Dry Iron (White)
The Usha EI 1602 is a lightweight dry iron from the brand Usha. This product comes incorporated with nonstick PTFE coated soleplate that ensures the fabrics do not stick to the soleplate under any circumstances. The overall body design of this product is attractive and efficient to enhance the user’s comfort. The manufacturer has incorporated thermostat for temperature control and indicator lights for power indication. This product comes with a 1-year product warranty.
- 1000-watts power consumption
- Thermostat controls
- 1-year warranty
- PTFE coated nonstick soleplate
- The product is not shockproof and can malfunction if fell down.
Buying Guide – What To Look Before Buying a Dry Iron Box?
Here is a list of key factors that can guide you and help you purchase the best dry iron in India.
- Power consumption
- Type of soleplate
- Cord length
- Auto shut off
- Variable temperature
Most of the factors listed above could be familiar to you, however, the importance of considering each factor is mentioned below.
1. Power consumption – Every iron boxes consume power. To be simple, they consume comparatively a higher amount of power than other devices. However, today technology has developed so much that we have models that come with comparatively lower power consumption than other dry iron. It is very important that you select two or more products to compare the features, power consumption, and then purchase the product with the lowest power consumption.
2. Type of soleplate – Most of the people might not be familiar with the term soleplate. It is the part that gets heated and which is used to iron the fabrics. Soleplates are an important part of a dry iron. An iron box could come with any of the three types of soleplates.
While purchasing a dry iron, always keep in mind that the most efficient and best soleplate is ceramic and then nonstick, and least efficient is aluminum. You might wonder why. Aluminum soleplates could prove efficient for quite some time, however, with time the efficiency decreases and the fabrics will start sticking on to the soleplate, therefore, by destroying the fabrics.
3. Cord Length – Not all the dry irons on the market come with a power cord with the same length. They could differ based on the length of the power cord. Yes, length of the power cord attached to a dry iron is very important, at times the power supply socket would not be available near to the ironing board or the table and if the length of the cord is too short, accessing the power supply could get very complicated and messy. So, check the specification and make sure the length of the power cord that comes incorporated into the dry iron has a suitable length that can satisfy your needs.
4. Auto shut off and variable temperature control – Never consider buying a dry iron that comes without these two features. We know that iron box will not be used just for ironing a single type of fabric. To iron different type of fabric the iron box will have to deliver different temperature, to deliver different temperature variable temperature control is a necessary have feature. On the other hand, once the temperature is attained the device should stop the heating process, this is why you should look for a dry iron with auto shut off feature incorporated into it.
Refer the list of products and the factors mentioned above and get yourself the best dry irons available on the market today.