Ironing a cloth, to be simple is never a fun to do. Nevertheless, it is a process that a person cannot simply neglect and let go as it is. It is very important that we wear a wrinkle-free cloth and majority of the people believe in the concept “The first impression is the best impression”.
There could be almost no one who would not prefer wearing an ironed fabric on them. Most of them would want the fabric to be ironed in such a way that the ironing folds are clearly visible. In the beginning, irons were limited to just ironing a specific set of cloth and they lacked the variable temperature features etc. However, today things have changed a lot, iron’s come with features that enable the user to iron any type of fabrics, no matter how thin or thick they are, as they come with variable temperature settings.
A steam iron is one such type of technological wonders that enables the user to iron their dress fast and smooth. The end-result, far better and efficient than what a standard iron can deliver. Steam irons are those irons that demand to be filled in with water and in turn, steam is delivered while ironing, therefore, making the ironing process efficient.
Table of Contents
- Best Buy Steam Iron Online in India
- 1. Philips GC1905 1440-Watt Steam Iron with Spray
- 2. Philips GC1010 1200-Watt Comfort Steam Spray Iron
- 3. Philips GC1920/28 1440-Watt Non-stick Soleplate Steam Iron
- 4. Bajaj Majesty MX 3 1250-Watt Steam Iron
- 5. Morphy Richards Super Glide 2000-Watt Steam Iron (White/Blue)
- 6. Maharaja Whiteline Pristine SI-103 1300-Watt Steam Iron
- 7. Inalsa Geyser Titanium 2000-Watt Steam Iron with 2-year Warranty
- 8. Havells Sparkle 1250-Watt Steam Iron
- 9. Inalsa Optra 1200-Watt Steam Iron with Ceramic Coated Sole Plate
- 10. Black + Decker BD BXIR2201IN 2200-Watt Cord & Cordless Steam Iron
- Cleaning Instructions for Steam Irons
- Steam Iron Buying Guide – What to Look For it?
Best Buy Steam Iron Online in India
Here is the list of best steam iron boxes available on the Indian market right now.
1. Philips GC1905 1440-Watt Steam Iron with Spray
This steam iron comes from the brand Philips and comes incorporated with several attractive features. This steam iron comes with spray mist feature that sprays the water evenly over the fabric for enhanced ironing efficiency. The product comes incorporated with nonstick aluminum soleplate that does not stick to the fabrics under any circumstances. One of the notable things about this product is that the water tank can be filled easily without making a mess and the manufacturer has incorporated variable steam and temperature features into this steam iron.
- Aluminum soleplate
- Easy to fill water tank
- Some customers review the product as the manufacturer shipped and delivered a refurbished product.
2. Philips GC1010 1200-Watt Comfort Steam Spray Iron
The Philips GC1010 is a steam iron that runs on 1200-watts power. The product comes with features as calc-clean that ensures that removes the scales and other unwanted particles from the water. The water tank incorporated on this product comes with a capacity of 150ml and the manufacturer has incorporated a linished aluminum soleplate on this product. One of the notable things of this steam iron is the number of steam vents on it; the manufacturer has placed more than a dozen steam vents evenly over the surface of the soleplate that ensures even distribution of steam. This product comes with a 2-year warranty.
- 1200-watts power consumption
- Calc-clean feature
- Linished soleplate
- Evenly distributed steam vents
- The variable temperature control feature is complicated on this product, the user will have to set the temperature and verify if the temperature is suitable for ironing the particular fabric.
3. Philips GC1920/28 1440-Watt Non-stick Soleplate Steam Iron
You would have noticed that all the first three products are from the same brand Philips, this is because of the fact that Philips is one of the leading manufacturers of a steam iron in India. This steam iron from Philips works on 1440-watts power and comes with fine spray feature that could evenly spray the water over the fabric. Filling in and emptying the water tank is easy as they are designed with enhanced ergonomics. One of the top features of this product is that the soleplate on this product comes with Golden American heritage coating for enhanced efficiency and easy gliding. The manufacturer offers a 2-year warranty on this product.
- Golden American heritage coating for enhanced sliding
- Excellent spray mist feature
- 2-year product warranty
- This steam iron lacks the calc clean feature, so, the user must be careful enough not to fill hard water in this product
4. Bajaj Majesty MX 3 1250-Watt Steam Iron
This steam iron from the brand Bajaj consumes 1250-watts power and delivers high-efficiency ironing. The soleplate incorporated into this steam iron is nonstick to ensure the fabric does not stick to your iron. This product could deliver 8.5 grams of steam at a full water tank and the manufacturer has incorporated variable steam and temperature feature into this steam iron. The product also comes with self-clean feature and a 2-year product warranty. One of the notable features of this product is that it comes with evenly spread steam vents.
- Spray mist feature
- Self-clean feature
- 2-year product warranty
- Nonstick soleplate
- Some customers reviewed the product, as the temperature control knob is hard to use.
5. Morphy Richards Super Glide 2000-Watt Steam Iron (White/Blue)
This steam iron from the world-renowned brand Morphy Richards comes with several exciting features. This product comes with comparatively long and smooth soleplate that is incorporated with 46 steam vents that could supply 11gm steam at each use. The product maintains ISI safety standards and comes with 2-year product warranty. One of the notable features of this product is that it comes with 360-swivel power cord and steam blast feature for vertical ironing.
- 2-year warranty
- Steam blast
- 46 steam vents
- 360 swivel power cord
- The product consumes 2000-watts power almost twice more than other models.
6. Maharaja Whiteline Pristine SI-103 1300-Watt Steam Iron
Maharaja Whiteline Pristine has been on the market for a long time. With an attractive design, the SI-103-1300 watt steam iron is something that could not disappoint you. As the name mentions, this steam iron comes with a maximum power consumption of 1300 watts and this is effective to deliver the maximum ironing effect. The manufacturer has incorporated non-stick soleplates that enable smooth gliding and a 150 ml tank for efficient steam production.
- 40gm/min strong steam boost
- 13gm/min basic steam flow
- 2-year warranty
- The handle loop is comparatively smaller than other steam irons
7. Inalsa Geyser Titanium 2000-Watt Steam Iron with 2-year Warranty
This steam iron comes in an ergonomic design that makes it one of the most comfortable steam irons to use. The soleplate incorporated is Titanium coated for maximum sliding efficiency. The steam iron has a rated power consumption of 2000 watts and comes incorporated with a 1.75-meter power cord. Unlike the above-listed product, this steam iron comes with anti-drip feature and anti-calc function. Designed in a such a way that it could be used for vertical steaming also.
- 160gm/min steam boost
- Titanium coated soleplate
- 2000 watts
- 22gm/min basic steam low
- High power consumption when compared to other devices
8. Havells Sparkle 1250-Watt Steam Iron
Havells has a reputation for manufacturing and marketing top quality steam iron boxes. This steam iron box comes designed to be used for both steam and dry ironing. The device comes incorporated with 230 ml water tank and a non-stick soleplate that enables the user to efficiently iron any clothes. This steam iron has a rated power consumption of 1250 watts and variable steam option.
- Lower power consumption
- 230 ml water tank reservoir
- Comes with overheating protection
- Soft grip handles for enhanced stability
- Should be careful while selecting the temperature and steam as it could burn the fabric
9. Inalsa Optra 1200-Watt Steam Iron with Ceramic Coated Sole Plate
This steam iron comes with a rated power consumption of 1200 watts and is designed to be used as dry or steam iron. The product comes with 2-year warranty from the manufacturer and with ISI approval. The features incorporated into this steam iron include variable steam, variable heating, and steam boost.
- Ceramic coated soleplates
- 1200 watts rating
- 2-year product warranty
- Easy swivel power cord
- Water leaks if the iron box is kept horizontally
10. Black + Decker BD BXIR2201IN 2200-Watt Cord & Cordless Steam Iron
Black + Decker BD BXIR2201IN comes with more than a dozen features and an attractive and stylish design. Unlike any other steam irons, this iron comes with cord and cordless using a feature. The product comes with ceramic-coated soleplates that are designed to distribute heat evenly all over its surface. This steam iron has a 350 ml water tank incorporated that could enable the user iron without frequent refilling demand.
- 30gm/min normal steam flow
- 100gm/min steam boost
- Factory tested for quality and efficiency
- Vertical steam feature
- Self-cleaning capacity
- 2-year warranty
- Cordless design
- Consumes comparatively larger power than normal steam iron
Cleaning Instructions for Steam Irons
Cleaning steam iron might seem worthless to most of the people reading this article. however, it is not worthless, few of the steam irons come with a self-clean option. On the other hand, other models need to be cleaned for enhanced lifespan.
There are a few ways to clean the steam iron.
To clean the steam iron water tank, fill the water tank with white vinegar and shake it well. Now, empty the water tank and clean it with water.
To clean the soleplate, take a wet cloth and rub the soleplate carefully. Make sure the cloth does not have any particles that could destroy the softness of the soleplate.
Cleaning the steam vents, to clean steams vents dip the cotton swabs in vinegar and then use this swab to clean the steam vents, vinegar helps in removing the starch buildup in steam vents.
With all this being told, you should know that steam irons have both advantages and disadvantages. Here is it.
Advantages of steam iron
- Best for vertical ironing – Steam irons can be used to iron thick and long curtains that are difficult to take down. The major advantage is that you can iron them vertically without actually taking them down.
- Safer than standard irons – 10 or 20 years ago, irons came with no extra feature or advanced settings as of now. If we compare a standard iron with steam iron available today, they are far safer and come with advanced features.
- Efficient ironing – Using standard iron can definitely get you fabrics ironed. However, steam irons are far more efficient than standard irons. This is due to the fact that steam iron work on a combination of steam and heated sole plates.
Disadvantages of using a steam iron
- Steam irons come with small water tanks that supply water for steam, this has to refilled every now and then
- Steam irons cannot be used on hard fabrics like wool and polyester blend fabrics as they are not that efficient to remove the creases
- Steam irons, as I mentioned above come with small water tanks. To fill the tanks you would have to open the cap to the tank and fill it, later on after a few cycles of use, some caps do not fit and the water starts dripping from the reservoir running the ironing efficiency.
Steam Iron Buying Guide – What to Look For it?
Here is the list of factors that you should consider while purchasing a steam iron box in India. Yes, steam iron box, it is commonly referred to as steam iron box in India.
- Power usage
- Steam vents
- Steam blast
- Vertical steaming
- Variable steam option
- Temperature control
- Water tank capacity
- Spray mist
- Cord length
- Auto shut-off feature.
It is very important that you consider these factors if you prefer purchasing the best steam iron on the market today.
1. Power usage – Most of the people reading this would definitely know the functioning of an iron box. It has one of the simplest working devices. Yes, heaters, iron boxes, water heaters etc use a comparatively higher amount of energy than any other household devices. However, technology is too advanced today and has succeeded in building devices with much more efficient circuits that consume lesser power than older devices. The power usage of iron boxes is commonly denoted in the unit watts in India. It is very important that you compare two or more products and purchase a product with lower watts. There is a common notion that with less power consumption the efficiency of the steam iron decreases, no it does not. There are models that consume less power but delivers top efficiency.
2. Soleplate – A soleplate is the main part of an iron box. A soleplate is a part on the iron box that gets heated and it is the part that iron the fabrics to be wrinkle-free. In the beginning, when the first iron boxes were introduced, there was a commonly reported problem of the fabrics sticking on to the soleplates. This could be either because of high temperature or because of the material used for making the soleplate. However, when it comes to steam iron box sole plates, the chances of fabrics sticking are high. It is very important that soleplates on a steam iron box should be non-stick to avoid the fabrics. So it is really important that you check the product specification and make sure that the steam iron you buy has a nonstick soleplate.
3. Steam vents – Yes, steam is delivered through the steam vents in a steam iron. While you shop online or offline for a steam iron box, you will find different models of steam irons that vary in the number of steam vents. Most of the models come with few numbers of vents, but the vent would be larger in diameter. However, some other models come with a higher number of vents, but the diameter of holes smaller. To be frank, experts don’t have an explanation on the relation between the number of vents, the diameter of the vent, and the efficiency of the steam iron. But, in my experience, as the number of vents increasing the efficiency of the steam iron seems to increase as the steam is distributed more evenly over the surface ironed. So, it best recommended that you purchase a steam iron box with more number of steam vents.
4. Steam blast – This feature is commonly found in most of the steam irons. This feature is usually termed as steam burst, shot of steam, or steam jet. To use this feature, all you have to do is press the button and a blast of steams is delivered. This feature is best used for ironing those difficult creases on the fabrics. However, if you are planning on ironing different types of fabrics, it is recommended that you consider buying a steam iron with steam blast feature incorporated into it. Check the product specification to find out.
5. Vertical steaming – The vertical steaming feature is one of the most wanted features in a steam iron box. This feature enables the user to use the steam iron box to be used for ironing fabrics on your ironing board and to iron fabric like a curtain, shirts, jeans, trousers etc. without actually taking them down from the wardrobe or hanger. So, while purchasing the steam iron, if you prefer ironing
6. Variable steam option – We know that the temperature of the steam is high and not all fabrics could handle this temperature without burning. So, if a steam iron box has to be used to iron different fabrics, then it is very important that it comes with a feature that enables the user to control the amount of steam coming out of it. Not all steam iron boxes have this feature incorporated into it. This is why it is important that you consider purchasing a steam iron with a variable steam option.
7. Temperature control – This is a common feature found in almost every iron boxes available on the market today. Purpose of the feature is to control or change the temperature of the soleplate according to the type of fabric to be ironed. But, I have found some models on the market without this feature. So, it is very important that you check the specification and make sure that the steam iron you are considering to buy come with temperature control features.
8. Anti-calcium – This feature purifies the water of scales and prevents calcium build-up, which could later result in the production of hard water in steam irons. Not all steam irons come with this feature. It is very important that you check the product specification thoroughly and make sure the steam iron you purchase come incorporated with this feature. You might doubt what exactly the advantage of this feature is. This feature enables you to use tap water instead of buying distilled water every now and then. Make sure that you have this feature incorporated on your steam iron.
9. Water tank type – Steam iron boxes come with different features. Water tank type is one such feature, steam iron boxes can come with either removable water tank or non-removable water tank. Filling the water in a non-removable water tank is not that easy, it could result in your iron electric circuit getting wet and later on malfunctioning. On the other hand, steam irons with removable tank allow the user to detach the water tank and fill it, therefore, avoiding the water from entering the circuit.
10. Spray mist – This feature allows the user to spray water on the fabrics you iron. How does this feature help us? It is simple, spraying water on the fabric while ironing could add moisture to the fabric, therefore, help in releasing the creases. It is best recommended that you purchase a steam iron with this feature for utilizing the maximum efficiency.
11. Cord length – Different steam irons come with different power cord length. It is very important that you check the product specification, find out the power cord length, and then purchase the product accordingly.
12. Auto shut-off feature – This is one of the most wanted features in a steam iron. This feature switches off the steam iron when not in use or when the temperature is attained. The feature can turn on and turn off the heating capacity of the steam iron according to temperature readings.
Refer the buying guide, list of the product mentioned above, and get yourselves the best steam irons on the market today.